Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

I am very grateful for my family.  I love Mommy and Daddy so much, and I know they love me, they show it every day in their smiles and hugs and laughter.  I have wonderful grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.  And I got to see most of them this past weekend!
My Michigan family came out to our house to visit for Thanksgiving.  While I napped through the entire meal, I did get to eat some pumpkin pie and ice cream.  And to have a lot of fun with my family!

Annika and Alek dressed up for the holiday.
Mommy and Daddy had fun showing the family around town, and just hanging out with me.
I got to show off some of my new skills, like stair climbing.  Daddy had to put a gate up at the bottom to keep me from non-stop ascending!
Since my Michigan relatives live pretty far away, we don't get together that often.  That means that when we do, Mommy, Aunty Leah and Babu take a LOT of pictures.  I was getting kind of tired of all the flashing by the end of the visit...
Grandma and Grandpa came to visit the day after Thanksgiving -- there were plenty of leftovers to go around.
Gigi visited, too!  She read me a story about a hungry caterpillar.  I liked it!
Here's a picture of my MI cousins and aunt and uncle.  Uncle Joey is a birdman.  He got up really early one day to go bird watching and get hit on by a McDonald's drive-thru worker.  Even though he is happily married, I know he was secretly flattered by the attention.  Aunty Leah is funny, she made me laugh.  A lot.
I miss my MI family, they left on Saturday for the long drive home.  But we'll see them after Christmas, out in Michigan!



No comments: