Friday, January 30, 2009

First Haircut

My buddy Jackson and I thought we needed a trim to make our fine baby locks look extra special for the ladies at playgroup.  So we got our parents to take us down to the local Snip-Its for our first ever professional haircuts.

At first glance everything looked good.  There were comfy chairs,
 a nice warm cape to shield our little bodies from bits of itchy trimmed hair, and even a TV for us to watch while the hairdresser worked on us.
But things went south quickly.  That lady had sharp scissors!!!
And a spray bottle!  I got it away from her at one point.
But then she gave me some animal crackers and started rubbing my head, and it felt really, really good.
And then she showed me a whole new Jonah in the mirror.  Damn, do I look fine or what??? Emily, how ya like me now???  (I know how she likes me -- I saw her the next day and she couldn't stop staring at me...)
Jackson doesn't look too bad, either!
And...Mommy let me feed myself some yogurt!Boy, is that fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jonah you write so well. I'm surprised Mommy let you watch tv (I thought she would stand in front of you and block it). You've got a good Mommy to take you to these nice places.

Phillipa Sara said...

That is one good looking hair cut. Arn't the head rubs the best

Renee said...

That sounds like quite the posh hair salon. I wish I could have animal crackers and watch TV when I get my hair cut!