Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Day!

Today was a wonderful day!  For starters, my man Obama was finally sworn in as President of the United States.  Mommy let me and all of my friends watch it on TV.  We saw so many excited people on the Mall in DC, and they were all clapping, so we all clapped, too.  Yay, Obama!

The next good thing about today was that Mommy made red, white and blue cupcakes for playgroup to celebrate the inauguration.  AND to celebrate my birthday, which is coming up on Sunday.  Can you believe I am going to be one year old???
Lots of my friends came to celebrate with us.  ND Emily was really cute in her ladybug shirt.  She liked the blue cupcake.
Jackson didn't even pause to bring the cupcake up to his mouth, he just dove right in.
Emily looks like she's trying to keep her cupcake a secret.  Maybe she doesn't want Bogey to get it.
I could really get used to all of these cupcakes!  And the singing.  Did I mention that everybody sang to me?  That was sweet!
Even our young friend Aiden enjoyed the cupcakes -- his first taste of frosting AND cake, how about that for a good day???
For my birthday, Emily let me give her a little snuggle.  I missed her, she was sick last week and I had to avoid her, and it was so sad!  I'm not saying I didn't think about sneaking out my window to visit her once or twice, but it was really cold and this whole walking thing is so new for me, I don't even have shoes to wear.  So I just stayed in my crib and waited for her to get better.
Last but in no way least, I received an awesome birthday present from my friends Sarah, Michael and Danny in Chicago.  It's a huge bag, so big that Mommy can fit inside it with me!
Okay I found out later that the bag itself wasn't the present, there was a really cool truck inside.  But come on, this bag kicks butt -- every kid should have one!

3 comments:

Phillipa Sara said...

Priceless

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday early to Jonah! What an amazing day today!!! We had Zev and Zoe watch with us too. Zev actually got pretty into it.

On the bag- we have the same one from a present sent to us last year and here's something to think about- this Christmas the presents that came from Santa to Zev and Zoe were under the tree inside that same "special Santa sack" bag...

Thanks for the email- I'll reply soon!
Lauren

Moonlit Goddess said...

Happy First Birthday Jonah!!