Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Is Your Name Luigi?

I want to tell you the story of my name, Jonah Gino. Mommy and Daddy liked my first name a lot, but were a little hesitant to use it because in the Bible, Jonah is kind of a stubborn prophet who just won't listen to reason -- or to God, even after God aims a storm at Jonah's boat and then causes a big fish to swallow him up and spit him out on shore a few days later. But my parents really liked the name, so here I am, Jonah Gino! I promise not to be so obstinate and to make my own name in the world...but if you really need me to do something, well -- let's just say this is how Mommy gets me to take a nap:My middle name came from my great grandfather, Gino Tosolini, who died exactly one year ago today. He had a good, long life, but I wish it could have been just a little bit longer, so I could have met him. Mommy wrote a little tribute to him last year. I'm glad that I still have 3 great grandparents to hang out with! Gigi (Grandpa Gino's wife), and Daddy's Grandma and Grandpa in Florida. Here's me and Gigi, at the hospital:Grandpa Gino, we miss and love you! I hope you can see me!

1 comment:

Phillipa Sara said...

I step away from my computer for a few days and you grow up so big...looking handsome Mr Jonah and by the way, I love your names