Monday, October 6, 2008

Fall

For the past few weeks I kept hearing about how this thing called "Fall" was coming and how wonderful it was.  I know Spring and Summer were pretty awesome, but never having experienced Fall I was a little bit nervous -- would it be anything like Winter, where I was ripped from the cozy dark warmth of Mommy's belly and laid naked and screaming on a cold metal scale under bright flourescent lights?
No, no, no, Fall has been nothing like that unpleasant journey!  It's been full of festivals and colorful leaves and apple picking!
Take last Friday, for instance...Jackson, ND Emily and myself decided to take our Mommies apple picking at Bushy Hill Orchards.  We hung out on the porch, playing and eating some cider donuts while we waited for the tractor to take us to the orchards.
It was a BIG tractor, the biggest one I've ever seen!
There were lots of different types of apples to choose from.Emily wasn't shy about chowing down.
Jackson posed in front of some of the trees with his mommy.
We all got quite a lot of apples to take home with us.  Mommy has already made me some applesauce AND some apple crisp...yum!
Mommy and I stopped at ND Emily's house on the way home.  She has the cutest kittens, Leo and Daisy.
And Gus is the most ginormous dog EVER!
Mommy and Daddy also took me to some festivals this weekend -- we went on another tractor at the 4H farm!
AND I got to see my cousins at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  We celebrated Grandpa's birthday with chocolate cake!  But I didn't get to have any.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ginormous - thats a BIG word for a little boy