Sunday, October 19, 2008

Outdoor Activity

Fall seems to be a great time for doing all sorts of fun stuff outside.  One day last week, Mommy and I played under the maple tree in our back yard, and she took all sorts of pictures of me amongst the colorful leaves.
Almost 7 years ago, Mommy and Daddy had something called a wedding.  And one of the presents they received was a gift certificate for The Publick House in Sturbridge, MA.  Let me repeat that they received this gift 7 years ago!!!  And they never used it.  And it expires in about 3 weeks!  So, that meant it was time for a car ride to Sturbridge.
Old Sturbridge Village was our first stop, and we met Rebecca and Joshua there, with their parents.  The village is a sort of live museum of a New England Village in the 1800's.  There were animals and people in costume and lots of old buildings.  I even got to go to school with Mommy!  I paid very good attention to the teacher.
Then we went to The Publick House for lunch, where we also met up with Cate and Michael and their parents.  I have to tell you, Baby Cate is a bit of a bruiser...AGAIN she tried to pull my hair and bite my head, but Mommy protected me better this time.  But Cate sure is cute, isn't she?  I mean, despite the manhandling and all.
The Publick House was SO MUCH FUN!  We had our own private room where we could yell and crawl and loudly laugh all we wanted.  And the food was so so yummy -- I ate real people food, and LOTS of it.  The butternut squash/roasted corn bisque was exquisitely pleasing to my as young palate, as was the pureed squash that I enjoyed from Daddy's plate.  And I LOVED the corn bread!  In fact, I think I'm changing my name to Cornbread.  I was so well-behaved, and I mean, seriously, this was my best restaurant experience EVER!  Except for the part when I gagged on a piece of fuzz that I found on the carpet and forcibly vomited out most of my lunch.  But Mommy caught most of it in a burp cloth, so we were all good.

Outside the restaurant was a Harvest Festival.  I danced with Mommy to the sounds of a live band!  Also, there was this really weird looking guy walking around...I didn't know what to make of him.  People said he was a scarecrow, but I wasn't scared.  I really wanted to pull on his dangly things but I didn't know what would happen if I did...
Here are Becca and Joshua with their parents.Michael and his daddy got to ride on a train!As we were leaving, Mommy gave me a bit of a sugar cookie from The Publick House Bake Shoppe.  OH, yum.  Heaven is licking the sugar off of a little crumbly disk.  I was sooo tired at this point, though, it was all I could do to keep putting the cookie in my mouth.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jonah - thank Mommy for putting up some photos on your blog. Looks like you had a blast.

Moonlit Goddess said...

What a fun time! I agree with you, Sugar cookies are yummy.